You are here
University-wide Employment Opportunities
Visit the University of Minnesota Employment listing to see other employment opportunities and to apply online.
NRRI is Currently Hiring Summer Field Technicians
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in this position please follow this link.
Current UMD Employees access jobs through: My U, Key Links, Employee Center, My Resources, Employment/Jobs
Search by Job ID.
IMPORTANT: UMD Students apply for the Summer Student Field Technician - Aquatic Ecology position at Job ID 323071. All other applicants apply for the Summer Field Technician - Aquatic Ecology position at Job ID 323074
Field Technicians Aquatic Ecology
- Ability to communicate and work closely with team members in both a laboratory and outdoor setting (required)
- Physical ability to work long hours outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather, covering long distances over uneven terrain carrying gear (required)
- Experience sampling and identifying fish, invertebrates, and aquatic macrophytes (desired)
- Boating and trailering experience with water safety knowledge (desired)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (required; absolutely no moving violations; any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a motor vehicle background check)
- Computer skills performing data entry and spreadsheet management skills (desired)
- GPS and orienteering experience, including forest hiking and stream walking (desired)
- Mechanical aptitude: e.g. changing vehicle and trailer tires, troubleshooting boat motors, performing routine maintenance of vehicles, trailers, boats, and motors (desired).
NRRI is Currently Hiring a Job Site Safety Coordinator for its Coleraine Labs
External Applicants: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ Search by Job ID 322765.
Job Close Date: 04/08/18
Safety- primary duties (i.e. 85%)
• Facilitates communication with staff and conducts monthly safety meetings.
• Anticipates safety program needs and provides leadership for program implementation
• Helps ensure compliance with regulatory agency policies EPA, MPCA, OSHA, MSHA and coordinates with OEHS for reporting.
• Implements safety procedures and protocols.
• Writes monthly safety progress report and prepares leading and lagging indicator safety statistics.
• Assists with safety budget.
• Participates in updates in equipment or conversion to new methods, systems, etc. to ensure implementation of proper safety procedures; recommends technical changes as needed or assists in finding solution for technical or operational problems.
• Assists with safe project execution and in completing post-project safety evaluation.
• Facilitates a safe working environment that promotes the welfare of students, staff and clients.
• Acts as department liaison to DEHS and works with DEHS to develop required written safety policies and procedures.
• Monitors staff safety training and maintain personnel safety training records to comply with University standards.
• Manages on site hazardous waste and coordinates disposal ensuring compliance with University statutes for hazardous waste management.