You are here
University-wide Employment Opportunities
Visit the University of Minnesota Employment listing to see other employment opportunities and to apply online.
NRRI Grant Contracts Professional 1
Job ID: 333157
Full time, Civil Service position
Location of this position: Duluth
About the Job:
This is a 100%, continuing Civil Service position.
The Natural Resources Research Institute (NRRI) Grant and Contracts Coordinator will serve in both a pre- and post-award capacity to support the development and management of sponsored projects across the Institute and will report to the NRRI Grants & Contracts and Finance Managers. The primary responsibility of the position is to work with Institute researchers in coordinating the development of compliant grant applications, sponsored project budgets and assist in the financial management of awards.
Responsibilities: Pre-award Grants & Contracts (70%) and Post-award Grants & Contracts (30%)
• A bachelor’s degree or a combination of related education and work experience equal to four years.
• Experience in developing grant applications for Federal and Minnesota State Grant Programs.
• Experience with grant budget development, monitoring, and reporting, including cost sharing.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with high proficiency in spelling, grammar, tone, and syntax.
• Expertise with UMN business systems including EGMS, EFS, online grant application portals; and other business software systems including MS Word and Excel, Google Docs and Shared Drives.
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality, attention to detail and providing the highest quality services to internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while accomplishing work efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
• Familiarity with 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements.
To apply for this position, go to the UM Office of Human Resources website and search for job opening 333157.