You are here
University-wide Employment Opportunities
Visit the University of Minnesota Employment listing to see other employment opportunities and to apply online.
NRRI is Currently Hiring an Social Media and Digital Marketing/Communications Specialist
Applicants outside the University system, CLICK HERE to review job description.
If you are a current employee of our organization please use THIS LINK instead.
Note: This is a 75% FTE position, with full benefits.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, and 2 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience equal to six years.
• Proven experience in developing digital marketing campaigns with examples
• Evidence of excellent professional, written communication skills
• Website maintenance and content creation experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of website best practices
• Examples of networking ability
• Evidence of ability to organize work in a changing, flexible work environment
• Demonstrated problem solving & critical thinking
• Experience with digital analytics
• 10 years professional experience.
• Experienced in digital marketing for research, science or technology industry
• Fostered or nurtured online web communities
• Advanced knowledge of fundamental web design concepts, practices and procedures
• Graphics design training; experience with Photoshop and lnDesign
• Photography or videography skills
• Experience with Drupal Content Management
• Journalism experience or knowledge
About the Job
The Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist/Communications Associate will be responsible for targeted marketing and increased presence of the Natural Resources Research Institute including website, social media, and email marketing, including some digital advertising and conversion optimization of newsletter subscribers. This is a new position that will evolve with your skillset and is offered at 75% FTE, with potential to increase to 100% to fulfill requirements of the position.
Position reports to Manager of External Affairs.
Attributes of a successful candidate include a well-rounded knowledge of the web and social media platforms, familiarity with search engine optimization and web analytics and an understanding of targeted marketing principles. This person should have a passion for learning about technical and scientific topics and translating the research for the general public.
We need someone who can learn quickly, communicate professionally, follow direction, and see tasks through to the end.
Read about job responsibilities and how to apply on the full job description.