You are here
University-wide Employment Opportunities
Visit the University of Minnesota Employment listing to see other employment opportunities and to apply online.
NRRI is Currently Hiring a Job Site Safety Coordinator for its Coleraine Labs
External Applicants: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ Search by Job ID 322765.
Job Close Date: 04/08/18
Safety- primary duties (i.e. 85%)
• Facilitates communication with staff and conducts monthly safety meetings.
• Anticipates safety program needs and provides leadership for program implementation
• Helps ensure compliance with regulatory agency policies EPA, MPCA, OSHA, MSHA and coordinates with OEHS for reporting.
• Implements safety procedures and protocols.
• Writes monthly safety progress report and prepares leading and lagging indicator safety statistics.
• Assists with safety budget.
• Participates in updates in equipment or conversion to new methods, systems, etc. to ensure implementation of proper safety procedures; recommends technical changes as needed or assists in finding solution for technical or operational problems.
• Assists with safe project execution and in completing post-project safety evaluation.
• Facilitates a safe working environment that promotes the welfare of students, staff and clients.
• Acts as department liaison to DEHS and works with DEHS to develop required written safety policies and procedures.
• Monitors staff safety training and maintain personnel safety training records to comply with University standards.
• Manages on site hazardous waste and coordinates disposal ensuring compliance with University statutes for hazardous waste management.