Key Services and Equipment
- Intron 5585 H - Universal Testing Machine - Used for testing structural and mechanical properties of materials. Examples, bending strength of solid and composite wood, shear testing for adhesive bond performance, coefficient of friction on surfaces, surface hardness, etc. Capacity 52,000 lbs.
- ATS - Universal Testing Machine (similar to Instron 5,000 lbs capacity) Small scale structural and mechanical properties testing.
- QUV - Accelerated Weathering Tester. Simulates damage caused by exposure to sun light exposure with condensation (to simulate dew) and spray to simulate rain.
- Scratch Mar Tester - Controlled surface performance evaluation, including; scratch resistance, mar resistance and abrasion resistance.
- Taber Abraser - This is a rotary abrasion testing machine. It is used for testing the abrasion resistance of materials from cloth to laminates, to coatings to just about anything that can be cut down to the correct specimen size.