Minerals, Metallurgy & Mining
You are here
The Minerals, Metallurgy & Mining Initiative is a leader in the University of Minnesota system in characterization of airborne mineral species. We have a unique Andersen Hi-Vol trichotomous high volume air sampler and a 10-stage MOUDI low volume air sampler. We also have access to instrumentation capable of physical and mineralogical evaluation of micron-sized mineral particulate matter.
- Minnesota Taconite Workers Health Study
- Duluth Complex Amphibole-Phyllosilicate Study
- MOUDI-II: Design, Evaluation, and Application to Long-Term Ambient Sampling (Marple, et al., 2014) Aerosol Science and Technology pub.
- Gravimetric analysis of particulate matter (PM) - Coleraine Biofuels Plant
- NRRI Torrefied versus untreated wood PM - gravimetric analysis