You are here
Minerals & Metallurgy
The Minerals and Metallurgy Platform seeks to define our mineral resources and to demonstrate competitive and responsible use of mineral resources
- Economic Geology
- Secondary Products
- Iron of the Future Research
- Industry Technical Support
- Mineral Beneficiation & Separation
- Pyrometallurgy & Hydrometallurgy
- Metallic Waste Reprocessing & Recycling
- Geologic Energy Storage
- NRRI identifies valuable aggregate resources in taconite pit. What would otherwise be considered waste rock during taconite mining, NRRI identified the rock as almost a perfect replacement for gravel, which is in short supply locally.
- More efficient grinding for the Iron Range. NRRI installed pilot-scale High Pressure Grinding Rolls equipment at its Coleraine facility to test grind different ores with less energy and waste.
Resources, Staff and Program Information
For more information see our Research Group pages.