You are here
Minerals, Metallurgy & Mining
This Strategic Initiative provides high quality research and development programs that enable efficient, effective and environmentally viable solutions to maximize Minnesota's mineral wealth.
- Characterize Minnesota's mineral portfolio
- Reduce the cost of iron ore recovery
- Develop higher value products to strengthen our mining-related economies
- Assist the mining industry and state agencies to define and maintain the "social licence" to operate in Minnesota
- Support professional and workforce development
Initiative Director: George Hudak, firstname.lastname@example.org, (218) 788-2739
For more information on this initiative, please navigate to a specific research area.