You are here
External Advisory Boards
NRRI has two Advisory Boards that represent a blend of stakeholders and community leaders. Their purpose is to inform, guide and advise NRRI leadership in pursuing mission-focused initiatives.
Strategy & Development Advisory Board
- Board Chair Mike Mlinar, Retired Vice President, Cliffs Natural Resources, Inc.
- Board Chair Jay Schrankler, Associate Vice President for Research, University of Minnesota
- Mark Phillips, Commissioner, Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board
- Yvonne Prettner Solon, Consultant on energy policy, Former MN Lt. Governor, MN Senator
- Susan M. Galatowitsch, UM Co-Director, Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center
- Nels Ojard, President, Krech Ojard
- Andrea Schokker, Professor and Head of Civil Engineering, UMD
- Peter Sellwood
- Ann Glumac, Consultant of Glumac Executive Enterprise
- Al Rudeck, Allete
Community Impact Advisory Board
- Board Chair Julie Marinucci, Mineral Development Specialist, St. Louis County Land and Minerals Department
- John Downing, Director, Minnesota Sea Grant
- Brendan Jordan, Vice President, Great Plains Institute
- Randy Kolka, Team Leader and Research Ecologist, USDA Forest Service
- Vince Magnuson, Retired UMD Vice Chancellor, Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Joe Mayasich, Director of Environmental Services, Western Lake Superior Sanitary District
- Brian Palik, Team Leader and Research Soil Scientist, USDA Forest Service
- Ida Rukavina, Northern Minnesota Citizen
To contact any of NRRI's Advisory Board members, please email Jane Dzuck at email@example.com or call 218-788-2607.