The Business Assistance Fund
You are here
Financial Support for Businesses and Technical Innovation
Do you need technical or financial assistance for your business?
The Business Assistance Fund is currently providing a limited amount of funding for innovations in the forest products industry.
This funding round is aimed at developing ideas that will increase the use of low value wood in areas of high wildfire risk, reducing the cost of forest management. Funding will require a combination of cash and in-kind matches.
- Dec. 1, 2016: Online inquiry form opens.
- Dec. 15, 2016: Online inquiry form closes.
- Dec. 15 - 30, 2016: NRRI Researcher assigned to work with clients to prepare proposal.
- Jan. 2, 2017: Proposal preparation starts.
- Feb. 3, 2017: Deadline for proposal submission.
- Feb. 6 - 10, 2017: Proposal review week.
- Feb. 10, 2017: Review Committee meets to select best proposals, invited for presentation.
- Feb. 13 - 17 & 20 - 24, 2017: Two weeks for proposal presentations.
- Feb 28, 2017: Funding decisions announced.
- engage with the Center for Economic Development for business opportunities.
- provide access to NRRI expertise, labs and technologies.
- drive business development to create jobs and a strong economy.
- attract private investment.
Applicants will be led through a 4-step process. Applications will be reviewed twice a year. Complete the online application form here.
- Meet criteria of the individual funders.
- Technology must be wholly owned by the company with rights to operate.
- Company must follow University of Minnesota's Intellectual Property and Grant of Rights.
- Project must be within the skillsets of NRRI.
- Initiator must be able to provide in-kind and cash match contributions.
- Documentation of positive foreseen impacts of the project for the business.
- Provide a reasonable scope for delivery and commercialization.
For more information about this funding possibility contact Shima Hosseinpour, 218-788-2626 or email@example.com.